Components and Design
The Rodexit strip is a high quality weatherstrip, which can effectively repel even sustained attacks from mice and rats:
It is made of a very durable polymer material - Santoprene - and has an embedded rodent proof barrier consisting of 10 solid stainless-steel wires with a diameter of 0,04 inch (1 mm). It is 2.4 inches (62 mm) wide and 0.13 inch (3.2 mm thick). This is how the cross section looks:
Primary Selling Points
The RodeXit proofing strips
- has a barrier of solid and impenetrable stainless-steel wires, that can withstand even sustained rat attacks,
- has successfully passed scientific tests conducted by an independent and accredited test institution,
- can be mounted very easily and fast, so they are labor and cost saving, and
- are extremely durable and can last up to 10 years.
The Rodexit strip offers you the following other advantages:
- It can by means of common tin snips easily be adapted – e.g. to the width of a door leaf.
- It can in less than 2 minutes be adapted to and mounted on a single door by means of ordinary broad headed screws.
- It is so elastic that moderate local depressions in the threshold of a door can be compensated by gently pressing the relevant part of the proofing strip slightly down.
- It is provided with a set of marks for every 4 in (10 cm) showing where to place the screws without hitting the embedded steel wires. That provides for nice and fast mounting without a lot of measuring.
- The WAVE door sweep can be mounted with a solid stainless-steel protection strip, which can withstand collisions with pallet jacks much better than the aluminum strips, which constitute the backbone of many other door sweeps.
- The protection strip can protect not only the RodeXit WAVE door sweep but also the much more expensive door.
- It can be reused once simply by inverting and remounting it.
- Such reuse can reduce the costs – partly because of the reuse itself and partly because the reusing process is labor saving.
- When mounted on a double door, it can seal the small but critical middlemost part of the threshold gap.
- It does not accumulate dirt and does thus not lose its elasticity and sealing properties due to dirt accumulation.
- It is very easy to clean.
- It can be rolled into a very handy coil so even a very long strip such as a 27 yards long strip can be easily stored, transported and handled.
- The waste experienced when cutting off the length needed for a proofing job is minimal, as the strip is sold in coils of 27 yards (25 m) and not in relatively short standard measures such as 36 or 48 inches.
- The use of it is not limited to the proofing of doors, and it can be used for countless other proofing purposes.
- It blocks cold and hot wind and can limit water ingress.
What's in it for you?
What's in it for End Users?
If you are an end user e.g. the owner of a food store,
- the RodeXit strip can save you a lot of trouble and costs associated with mice and rat intrusion,
- it can reduce the need for distribution of toxic pesticides on your premises in order to eliminate intruding rodents, and
- at the same time it will provide you with protection against bugs, draft and higher/lower outdoor temperatures.
What's in it for PMPs and DSPs?
If you are a PMP or a DSP,
- the RodeXit strip can reduce your costs as
- it can be mounted very easily and fast and therefore is quite labor saving, and
- it is very durable so you don’t have to replace it frequently, and
- it can reduce your need for distribution of toxic pesticides on the premises of your customers in order to eliminate intruding rodents, and
- it can boost your business as your present and potential customers no doubt will value the high quality and excellent properties of the strip.
What's in it for Door Manufacturers?
If you are a door manufacturer
- You can provide your customers with new doors equipped with very durable and effective rodent proofing and that is a good selling point - especially in relation to customers in the food industry and the pharma industry.
- When servicing already delivered doors you can reduce your costs as
- the RodeXit strip can be mounted very easily and fast and therefore is quite labor saving, and
- it is very durable so you don’t have to replace it frequently.
- The RodeXit strip can, furthermore, boost your door servicing business as your present and potential customers no doubt will value the high quality and excellent properties of the strip.
The Present 2 Versions and Samples
The Rodexit strip comes in 2 versions: the straight Rodexit Straight and the wave-shaped Rodexit Wave.
The RodeXit Wave door sweep is for proofing up to 1,4 inches (35 mm) high threshold gaps of horizontally operating manual doors i.e.
- manual swing doors with normal hinges,
- manual swing doors with double acting hinges,
- manual sliding doors and
- manual folding doors.
The RodeXit Straight general purpose proofing strip is for proofing
- the vertical astragal gap of double doors and
- gaps in or between stationary building parts, fences, and/or walls
If you are interested in getting samples, you can download an order form for ordering samples in the below downloads and links section.
Downloads and links including price lists and order forms
Click HERE to download a thorough product presentation for PMPs.
Click HERE to download a thorough product presentation for door producers and DSPs.
Click HERE to download a pdf-copy of the scientific report on the test of the rodent proofing qualities.
Click HERE to download an order form for ordering samples.
Click HERE to download a combined price list and order form.
Here is a link to a data sheet on the basic polymer material SantopreneTM, in which the rodent proof steel barrier is embedded: